Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Photos of Heptonstall & kittywits

Shit, once again over 3 months have passed since I had a chance to write in here, despite loads of things happening that I wanted to rant, rave, or just comment about. Like that pretty shocking news item a few weeks back about how the Americans bombed the village of Chipping Sudbury is Wiltshire killing 20 people as they were sat in their houses watching Emmerdale Farm on the telly simply because they thought a terrorist was living there. Oh wait, no, sorry it wasn't Chipping Sudbury, it was just a village somewhere in Pakistan, so I guess it doesn't really matter, and wasn't that shocking after all, which is probably why America still hasn't even bothered to apologise for it.Still, enough about how shit and full of maniacs the world is and more about meeeeeeeeeeeee and what I've been doing lately!A few weeks back, after watching the not so very good film Sylvia on telly, about the poet Sylvia Plath (in case there's a chance in a million there was someone who wasn't actually aware of that fact), we decided to pursue one of my hobbies of visiting the graves of famous dead people and went to her grave in Heptonstall (where Ted Hughes comes from) up on the lonely moors just about 40 miles from here in Manchester. We stayed a guest house in Hebden Bridge, a pretty little town in the valley Heptonstall looks down over, full of 'alternative' new age type shops and cafes etc and which is famous for being the Lesbian capital of the uk, or at least it is on the Hebden Bridge website (http://www.hebdenbridge.co.uk/). Didn't see that many dykes myself, which are of course, easy to spot because they wear tweed suits and pencil in moustaches on their faces. The churchyard in Heptonstall where Sylvia Plath is buried, is really beautiful in a crumbling Yorkshire gothic kind of way and some pics of it, the grave, and some weird pervy kind of guy spotted lurking about up there, well alright, me actually, can be seen here:




Also a bit ago, we adopted the next door neighbour's kitten or rather it adopted us and when we took her to the vets to have her spayed were told we were too late as she was already pregnant and now she has had a load of kittywits which are living in a wine box in my painting room, and just starting to venture out. So the house is full of cuteness and little squeaking noises at the moment. Unfortunately though, one of the kittens seems to be a werewolf as can be seen from a picture of them here:


Cute, aren't they? I hope we can find homes for them otherwise we will have to sell them all for medical experiments.

Gotta say I was amazed to see Loafing Oaf has actually printed a sensible speech I agree with 100% for once, (The Right to Offend by Ayaan Hirsi Ali Feb 15)about the cartoon of Mohammed, although I can't help wondering why if he is in favour of free speech so much and the right to offend therein, he censors people leaving comments on his journal. But apart from that, good speech!

Well, that's that. What was the point I'm now wondering and I'm sure you are too.

Okay, I'm off now to get cut up and have my interior organs prodded about with in the local hospital. I'll try and write again in another three months, if I survive, for anyone interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home